Education Online Exams
A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ONLINE REMOTE PROCTORING
As a result of the current global health crisis, companies and colleges use online assessment tools and remote proctoring. We have seen an increase in the demand for remote proctoring services during the past year. We are living in the age of e-learning. The global e-learning market may reach $325 billion by 2025. As e-learning proliferates, various technologies are needed to support it.
The virtual proctoring space is gaining popularity. If it wasn’t for e-learning, online video proctoring might not have taken off. However, given the stakes for online course programs, there is a significant demand for such services.
Have you considered taking online proctored tests instead of classroom exams? Many students now consider it and hire experts and ask them to take my proctored exam for me. Experts at takeonlineexamhelp.com are experts in taking proctored exams and guarantee outstanding grades.
- (Proctored testing is an authenticating process in which a proctor is present during the test duration to ensure the test taker is not cheating.
- Proctors are highly trained and qualified experts to conduct students’ authentication and prevent them from cheating.)
Remote Proctoring: What is it?
The remote proctoring method lets students write a test online in a remote location while maintaining test integrity. Video surveillance is used to monitor students’ actions and verify their identities. Any abnormal behavior is then flagged based on the video.
Online tests have been available for the last 20 years in different formats. Online tests are most commonly objective. It assesses a candidate’s subject knowledge, learning ability, or behavioral profile.
Can online tests be proctored, or do offline tests without proctoring pose difficulties?
- Due to the travel ban and lockdown in multiple countries in the current global landscape, there is a shortage of testing centers and proctors, which leads to longer testing hours.
- Providing nearby proctored test centers can be challenging for most organizations administering any test.
- Finding a qualified proctor is complex, and it’s hard to ensure the quality of the proctoring. There is no way to cross-check the proctor’s performance
- People often impersonate and cheat in online tests without a proctor. They either do it themselves or get another person to do it. Cheating techniques include looking up answers online, using smartphones to find answers, or asking someone for help.
Online Exam Proctoring: What is it?
Proctoring an online exam or an online video test involves monitoring a candidate during the test. You will need a webcam, mic, and access to the candidate’s screen. Candidates wishing to take an online proctored test from a remote location must provide:
- You’ll need a suitable device (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone).
- A high-speed Internet connection (minimum 256kbps).
- Access to a microphone and webcam.
- Browsers capable of running on PCs and laptops.
Proctoring is categorized into three categories:
1. Proctoring online in real-time
Proctors monitor candidates, audio-video, and screen-share feeds in real-time during a live proctored test. There will typically be people in a remote location ensuring accurate student identification and preventing or flagging cheating. Proctors can monitor 16/32 candidates at the same time. Proctoring with this model eliminates the location constraint.
It is still necessary to schedule the exams, and an equal amount of human involvement is required. Besides being one of the most expensive options, it is not very scalable. It is even possible to test takers and proctors to be thousands of miles away. Takeonlineexamhelp.com is one of the leading companies performing proctoring services.
2. Recorded Proctoring
A proctor does not monitor the feed in real-time in this method. As a result, the test candidates’ audio-video and screen share feeds are recorded during the test. An analyst plays back these recordings at 3X to 20X speed and flags any suspicious activity. There are no restrictions on schedules or locations. However, the review must still perform the inspection, so it is not very scalable.
3. The Advanced Automatic Proctoring System
It is the modern form of proctoring. The audio-video and screen-sharing feeds are recorded while the test is conducted. In addition to recording, the system also monitors video and audio streams for any suspicious activity. It ensures that the candidate pays attention to the test screen. Light is sufficient in the room, and the test is red-flagged for any suspicious objects or background noise in the video. Facial recognition is also used to authenticate students.
In addition to eliminating schedule constraints, it also eliminates location constraints. Moreover, it does not require humans to conduct the review, making it more scalable and affordable.
Online proctoring’s growth is driven by what factors?
According to a study conducted by Learning Light, remote proctoring has grown rapidly over the past few years. Here are some of the benefits:
- Growing e-learning demand
- Proctored testing is no longer as expensive
- Learners can save time and money
- It isn’t easy to administer exam conditions in computer labs or in infrastructure
- In apprenticeships, students engage in work and classroom lessons that align with organizational needs.
Across the globe, online proctoring is becoming increasingly popular as more and more institutions choose to digitize various processes.
Is Online Exam Proctoring available to everyone?
- Organizations that provide assessments
If Assessment Providers provide ready-made assessments to their clients or provide test engines, they can leverage proctoring for the following benefits:
- Make assessments more affordable and faster by becoming a valuable partner.
- Create revenue-generating opportunities.
- Provide clients with access to tests on-demand at any time, from anywhere
- Remote proctoring enables a business to go global
Recruitment, college admission tests, certifications, promotions, and so on can all be used in various ways.
Universities and MOOCs provide online education.
Schools, MOOCs, and providers of online education face the challenge of verifying the quality and validity of their online programs. Cheating and student authentication are the two main concerns of customers. Proctoring solutions have proven essential tools in online education to verify students’ identities. Monitoring student performance and ensuring that exams are taken without cheating.
Certification Agencies – Oracle, Microsoft, etc.
Online proctoring is used by certifying agencies for the following reasons:
- Students can complete certifications from the comfort of their own homes, allowing them to grow their business
- Reducing certification costs by eliminating the need for proctored tests will make you more competitive
- Developing new geographies and new niches with lower ARPU will expand your market
- Keep audit records for on-demand audit
Many organizations offer online videos proctoring, such as Microsoft and Salesforce.